Ontario, Canada’s Top Literary Award
2020 Trillium Book Award Finalists
TORONTO | May 12, 2020 | Fourteen diverse books have been shortlisted for Ontario’s prestigious literary prize, the 2020 Trillium Book Award/Prix Trillium, presented by Ontario Creates, an agency of the government of Ontario.
There are two English and two French prizes: theÂ Trillium Book AwardÂ in English and theÂ Prix TrilliumÂ in French, as well as theÂ Trillium Book Award for PoetryÂ in both English and French. Written by established and emerging authors, the shortlisted titles span a wide variety of genres, showcasing the diversity of voices that make up Ontario’s vast literary landscape.
The Trillium Book Award/Prix Trillium winners will be announced during an online event on June 17, 2020. In the ramp-up to the big awards night, Ontario Creates will be sharing, celebrating and showcasing these 14 talented finalists on our website and social channels.
English-language Finalists for the Trillium Book Award:
- Christina Baillie and Martha Baillie,Â Sister Language,Â Pedlar Press
- TÃ©a Mutonji,Â Shut Up You’re Pretty,Â VS. Books/Arsenal Pulp Press
- Sara Peters,Â I Become a Delight to My Enemies,Â Strange Light
- Zalika Reid-Benta,Â Frying Plantain,Â House of Anansi Press
- Seth,Â Clyde Fans: A Picture Novel,Â Drawn & Quarterly